Day 21-GLORY

 Day 21 Glo/NaPoWriMo The prompt-

Now, choose an abstract noun from the list below, and then use that as the title for a poem that contains very short lines, and at least one invented word.

Glory
Courage
Anxiety
Failure
Defeat
Delight
Confusion
Calm
Belief
Cleverness
Despair
Honesty
Deceit
Strength

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


GLORY

Each morning
Anew I 
marval
that I've 
woken again. 

Many souls
leave the
body
while the
moon rules
the sky.

After this 
grateful 
discovery and
a deep
breathe
the days 
worries and
stress
begin again.

Although I
marvel at 
the rain soaked 
grey streets
tall pines
and dewy grass,
the dark roasted 
coffee steaming
in the press. 

The bills 
push through, 
the rent's 
not late but
could be
if I just
stopped going
to work. That's 
what keeps 
me showing up
isn't it?

What if my 
rent was 
paid into 
eternity and
I had many
houses around
the world.
I had enough
money
in accounts, to
see beyond my unborn 
grandchildren's lives?

What would
I do then?
Would I write
if there were 
no need for money.
Not that it
give me
much.
What would I do?

Lay in the 
rain on a 
rocky beach.
Climb the 
highest peaks,
learn to 
play guitar
and surf. 
Speak ten
languages,
at least.

Eat pasta 
in Rome,
take the transiberian 
train from
beginning to end.
Ride a motorcycle
across Asia.

Sculpt myself
a six pack. 
Read all 
the books
in the library. 
Love again
and again
and then
once more.
Paint a 
mural and
invent time
travel.

I don't
think I'll
ever know
what that
feels like
but I think
I know know
what I should
be doing each
day after
waking once
again. Showing
greatmindfultude
at the glory
of another
chance
on Earth. 




Comments

Popular Posts