NaPoWriMo 23 -I long for you, Vallarta

I long for Vallarta
like I long for a lost love.

Her beaches are long
smooth, brown
legs.  Flawless.

Disappearing in the distance
up into the mountains
where the plush
green jungle crawls,
down to kiss her,
salty lips.

I miss her touch.
the touch I let go
willingly.
Thinking I could do better.
Knowing I could do better.
As if this wonderful being
wasn't worthy
of my almighty presence.

My arrogance
would become my
most brutal
and merciless
judge, jury, executioner.

Now I can only
remember her touch.
The warmth of
her breath
as she whispers
in my ear.
Her hands
holding my face.
Telling me to take her.
She needs me,
she's dying for me
and can't stand it
any longer.

Vallarta is my other
lost lover.
Lost, not so much
for arrogance, as
for fear and
insecurity.  Which
is worse.
Losing love out of fear
is never having
felt it in its Super Nova intensity.

But the longing is the same;
A painful emptiness
in my heart.
A shortness of breath which
makes me inhale deeply,
feebly attempting to
push out the suffocation
kick to the stomach.
Finally ending with

Euphoria.
Finding a world
where were are together
again.

Trasversing the cobblestoned
streets, moist heat makes my
feet stick to my sandals
and white cotton guayabera
cling to my back.

Through "the arches"
and off towards the sea
dolphins guard
the entrance to the bay.

Old ladies sell
corn on the cob
with cheese, chile and salt.
The churchbell chimes,
by the tower, where
a Mexican Rapunzel
throws down her hair
onto the plaza.

Couples dance
a five man Mariachi
plays along.
My lost love has
found me.
Grabs my hand
and kisses me
with her salty lips.

Two lost loves, together.
Forever
If only for a moment,
in my wet eyes.

Comments

Popular Posts